If you want to study in Saudi Arabia, you must apply for a student visa. It is advised to apply for a visa after the institution of your choice has accepted you. Nationals of GCC or Gulf Cooperation Council countries do not need a visa to study in Saudi Arabia. Students who are visa holders may also be given access to scholarship.
Main Steps Involved to Get Student Visa of Saudi Arabia
The whole procedure is divided into the following:
- Finding your nearest consulate. You must discover the embassy according to your region or state.
- Gathering the required documents. The most authentic checklist is available on the website of the Washington branch of the Saudi embassy.
- The next step involves paying the visa fee. You should call your nearest embassy to know the latest rates.
- Submitting the materials
- Receiving your visa and vaccination information.
The Procedure of Student Visa Application
The first step is to take an application form from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia, which is nearest to your place of residence. The application form is to be filled and submitted to the Saudi Embassy, along with the documents mentioned in the checklist. You must fill the application form with black ink and capital letters. Download the application form through a website. You must incorporate your email address in the application.
- Passport copy with the validity of at least 12 months and two blank pages
- Electronic authorization and an invitation level from an educational institution of Saudi Arabia
- You must have proof that you can travel by the government of your country.
- You must also submit a reference note from the ministry of foreign affairs that shows the number and date of the student visa issued to you.
- For students who are married and want to take their family must provide proof of relation. For a child, a copy of the birth certificate and for the spouse, a copy of the marriage certificate is required.
- A clearance certificate from your local police
- A medical report that is signed and stamped by a doctor. It must specify that you do not have any contagious diseases. If you are under 16 years old of age, you do not need a medical examination report.
- Educational certification applicable according to the level of education
- Original birth certificate and its copy
- Students that are below the age of 18 years need written consent from their parents or guardian.
- Three passport-sized pictures with white background
- Fee for the visa
Things to Remember
- You are not allowed to stay in the country after the duration of your visa is over
- During your stay in Saudi Arabia, you must abide by its rules and regulations, its Islamic laws, and its society’s traditions and values.
- It is strictly prohibited to sell drugs in Saudi Arabia. The violator of this rule will be subjected to severe punishment, including the death penalty.
- You cannot work while you are in the country on a student visa.